4.23.2007

Body Mass Index (B M I)

B M I is the Body Mass Index of a person which is calculated by using his/her Height and Weight.

By B M I report one can have an estimate of his/her general health condition as given below :

B M I Report <----------------> Physical Condition

1. Above 30 <----------------> Obese
( Dangerous Zone !)

2. 30--25 <----------------> Overweight
(Alarming- Entering in to dangerous zone)

3. 25--23 <----------------> Tendency towards Overweight
( Be Alert! )

4. 23 <----------------> Ideal B M I
(Great!!)---Keep it up !!!

5. 23--20 <----------------> Tendency towards Under weight
( Be Alert! )

6. 20 -15 <----------------> Under weight
(Alarming-Entering in to Dangerous Zone)

7. Below 15 <----------------> Severe Weakness
( Dangerous !)

You can calculate your B M I yourself by using the formula given below:

Weight( in kg)/Height x Height( in Mtr)

Conversion Factors are given here for your convenience.

No comments: